Shawn Mendes has canceled the rest of his "Wonder" world tour dates in order to prioritize his mental health.

The singer broke the news on Instagram Wednesday via a lengthy statement.

"As you guys know, I had to postpone the past few weeks of shows since I wasn't totally prepared for the toll that being back on the road would take on me," the Grammy nominee wrote. "I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away."

"After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear I need to take the time I've never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger," he continued. "I unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the tour dates in North America and the UK / Europe."

Mendes said he had been "hopeful that I might be able to pick up with the rest of the dates after some much needed time off," but said that "at this time I have to put my health as my first priority."

"This doesn't mean I won't be making new music, and I can't wait to see you on tour in the future," he added. "I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this but I promise I will be back as soon as I've taken the right time to heal."

Mendes ended the statement by thanking his fans for their support and for "sticking by me on this journey."

Earlier in July, the Canadian superstar announced he was postponing his tour for three weeks and said in a since-deleted post he had "hit a breaking point."

"After a few years off from the road, I felt like I was ready to dive back in, but that decision was premature," he said at the time. "Unfortunately, the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me and I’ve hit a breaking point. After speaking with my team and health professionals, I need to take some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health, first and foremost."