Amp up your cooking game with these easy eats and recipes you can whip up in 30 minutes or less.
Cook right along with Ginger Zee in her kitchen!
You can make Chef David Rose's gourmet pork spare rib ramen in a flash with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your own pantry.
- 1.5 lbs cubed cut spare ribs or cut baby back ribs
- 1/2 lb shrimp (optional addition) peeled and deveined
- 13.5 fl. oz. coconut milk
- 40 oz. chicken stock or broth
- 28 oz. cooked udon noodles or ramen noodles (can substitute with angel hair or spaghetti if needed)
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T freshly grated ginger
- 2 T red curry paste (can substitute gochujang if needed) 2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 T chili sa-té paste (chili garlic paste) (if you don’t have use gochujang or sriracha) *add a T more if want spicier*
- 2 t sugar
- 4 T canola/vegetable oil
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
*Optional add halved/blanched bok choy to bowl, before ladling in ramen broth
*Optional garnish: cilantro, chopped green onion
- Place cubed spare ribs in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili sa-té paste and 2 T olive oil; marinate overnight or at least 1 hour.
- In a large Dutch oven add 3 T canola oil, and bring to medium heat; add spare ribs and brown on all sides about 6 to 8 mins.
- Remove spare ribs from pot.
- Add remaining 1 T canola oil, onions, garlic and ginger, and sauté until fragrant, and tender; about 3 to 5 mins.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until, tender; about 3 to 4 mins.
- Add spinach, pinch of S & P, and sauté until wilted; about 3 to 4 mins.
- Add red curry paste, and cook down until fragrant. About 4 to 5 mins.
- Add add coconut milk, chicken stock, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Place spare ribs back in Dutch oven, reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid and simmer for about 22 to 25 mins; until ribs are fork tender.
- If adding shrimp, cook in ramen broth until plump and cooked through; about 4 to 5 mins at the end.
- Season ramen broth to taste with S & P (*to make spicier add a little chile sa-té sauce or gochujang at this point.
- Serve with cooked ramen on the bottom of bowl, ladle ramen broth over noodles, finish with chopped green onion, fresh cilantro and soft yolk egg.
Soft Yolk Egg
- Add 1 inch of water to a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add eggs to pot, cover with lid and boil for exactly 6 mins.
- After 6 minutes, remove eggs, and place in a ice water bath, or run under cold water; once cool enough to handle, peel shell and slice egg in half.
- Egg yolk should be deliciously runny!