Amp up your cooking game with these easy eats and recipes you can whip up in 30 minutes or less.
- 1April 23, 2020
Cook right along with Ginger Zee in her kitchen!
You can make Chef David Rose's gourmet pork spare rib ramen in a flash with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your own pantry.
- 1.5 lbs cubed cut spare ribs or cut baby back ribs
- 1/2 lb shrimp (optional addition) peeled and deveined
- 13.5 fl. oz. coconut milk
- 40 oz. chicken stock or broth
- 28 oz. cooked udon noodles or ramen noodles (can substitute with angel hair or spaghetti if needed)
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T freshly grated ginger
- 2 T red curry paste (can substitute gochujang if needed) 2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 T chili sa-té paste (chili garlic paste) (if you don’t have use gochujang or sriracha) *add a T more if want spicier*
- 2 t sugar
- 4 T canola/vegetable oil
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
*Optional add halved/blanched bok choy to bowl, before ladling in ramen broth
*Optional garnish: cilantro, chopped green onion
- Place cubed spare ribs in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili sa-té paste and 2 T olive oil; marinate overnight or at least 1 hour.
- In a large Dutch oven add 3 T canola oil, and bring to medium heat; add spare ribs and brown on all sides about 6 to 8 mins.
- Remove spare ribs from pot.
- Add remaining 1 T canola oil, onions, garlic and ginger, and sauté until fragrant, and tender; about 3 to 5 mins.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until, tender; about 3 to 4 mins.
- Add spinach, pinch of S & P, and sauté until wilted; about 3 to 4 mins.
- Add red curry paste, and cook down until fragrant. About 4 to 5 mins.
- Add add coconut milk, chicken stock, and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Place spare ribs back in Dutch oven, reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid and simmer for about 22 to 25 mins; until ribs are fork tender.
- If adding shrimp, cook in ramen broth until plump and cooked through; about 4 to 5 mins at the end.
- Season ramen broth to taste with S & P (*to make spicier add a little chile sa-té sauce or gochujang at this point.
- Serve with cooked ramen on the bottom of bowl, ladle ramen broth over noodles, finish with chopped green onion, fresh cilantro and soft yolk egg.
Soft Yolk Egg
- Add 1 inch of water to a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add eggs to pot, cover with lid and boil for exactly 6 mins.
- After 6 minutes, remove eggs, and place in a ice water bath, or run under cold water; once cool enough to handle, peel shell and slice egg in half.
- Egg yolk should be deliciously runny!